The Vermont 100 Endurance Race is one of the original 100 mile runs in the USA and a part of the Grand Slam Series of Ultrarunning. Each year, 300 runners attempt to finish this hilly race over beautiful Vermont back roads and trails under the 30 hour cutoff point, and a well-trained few finish in under 24 hours. The race proceeds support Vermont Adaptive.
Last RD Note Before the Race!
July 14, 2015
In just a few days, you all will be pulling in to Silver Hill and gearing up to race the Vermont 100. We are all excited to see you!
I wanted to touch base with a few quick last minute reminders (and answer a few frequently asked question).
1. Please follow our directions to get to the start/finish area! We have an unhappy neighbor, and any traffic past their house could jeopardize future permits for our event.
Directions are here:
2. Another gentle reminder - speed limit on all dirt roads is 35 mph. Please keep the community happy and drive safely by slowing down on the dirt roads!
3. Race numbers are posted! http://vermont100endurancerun.blogspot.com/p/race-start-lists.html
4. If you need to switch your 'solo' status at this point, please do so at registration.
5. Unfortunately, there will not be any live timing of our event - you'll see soon enough, cell phone coverage is spotty in Vermont!
6. If your crew or pacers are arriving after Friday's registration (10am- 3:45pm), they will be able to register on Saturday throughout the day. We only ask that they wait until after the 100-milers start before seeing us on Saturday.
7. If you need to purchase extra tickets for Friday night's dinner or Sunday's BBQ, you will be able to do that during registration - just see our merchandise table.
It looks like it might be a hot and humid weekend, so please stay hydrated and plan to carry extra fluids on you on Saturday!
See you all soon!
Vermont 100 Endurance Race
PS. Please download ALL info you need BEFORE arriving-as stated above our cell/internet is spotty-this is RURAL Vermont with LOTS of HILLS!