Description

The Vermont 100 Endurance Race is one of the original 100 mile runs in the USA and a part of the Grand Slam Series of Ultrarunning. Each year, 300 runners attempt to finish this hilly race over beautiful Vermont back roads and trails under the 30 hour cutoff point, and a well-trained few finish in under 24 hours. The race proceeds support Vermont Adaptive.

Meet Our VT100 Charity Runner-Faith Raymond Strafach #VT100 #ultrarun #VermontAdaptive #VT #NH


https://www.pledgereg.com/91026
"we love to run together"

Faith Raymond
I have been a runner for about five years now. It began with a simple benefit 5k for my hometown after it was hit by an EF3 tornado. That turned into a half marathon at another charity run in my hometown, this time to raise money for cancer research, in memory of two sisters who passed away 8 months apart. The following year I ran my first marathon as part of Team Hole in the Wall, where I collected donations to help kids with cancer and other chronic diseases go to summer camp.

See the trend here? Those early races fueled my passion for both running and for raising money for worthy causes.

Soon the marathon distance wasn’t enough for me. I graduated to 50ks, and then decided to make the leap to the 100k. I come from an equestrian background and have ridden the Moonlight in VT a few times.

Something inside of me wanted to know what it would be like to traverse those trails on two feet instead of four. Add to that the fact that I would get to see all my horsey friends on the trail, and I was sold on the VT100k. Last spring I decided that as soon as registration opened for the race, I would throw my hat into the ring.

When Joe proposed at the top of Mt Washington in July 2015, I knew that we’d get married at a road race. We love to run, but most of all we love to run together – so it seemed like a perfect fit. Since we were both established in life and we really didn’t need anything, we decided that instead of wedding gifts we wanted to allow people to make donations to charity – and runners are such wonderful people that I knew this idea would be well received.

I have long since been a part of Achilles International, an organization that provides guides for blind and disabled athletes. Setting up a donation page for Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports was a natural extension of my love for helping physically challenged athletes reach their goals. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that my friends and family would help me raise nearly $3000 for this amazing organization.


I am so excited to be a part of this race, and to be able to support the charity in such a profound way. These athletes inspire me to be a better person. Whenever I get tired and want to complain about how hard the training is, I think about them. They put the power back in my stride and get me through the tough times. Every step I take is for them, and I hope I make them proud.
 https://www.pledgereg.com/91026